Rules for Rate My MirrorMate Makeover & Win ContestPLEASE NOTE: THE CONTEST HAS ENDED. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON SEPTEMBER 15. MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!
Although the contest has ended, please continue to show off your mirrormate makeovers using our forum and look for new contests to be announced in the future. Contest Overview:
During the period beginning 12:01 AM EST, May 15, 2010 and ending 12:59 PM EST, August 15, 2010, MirrorMate customers will be able to upload before and after images of their room makeovers using MirrorMate® frames and be entered into the "Rate My MirrorMate Makeover & Win" Contest. Customers can then invite friends and family to vote for their makeover at www.mirrormateforum.com. The top 10 fan-ranked makeovers as of August 15, 2010 will be entered to win a first, second, or third place prize as determined by MirrorMate and a committee of design professionals. The three winning makeovers will be announced September 15, 2010, featured on MirrorMate.com and receive an American Express gift card. Eligibility:
U.S. or Canadian residents who have used MirrorMate frame(s) in a makeover. Entrants must be registered users of this forum. Register NowStart and End Dates:
Pictures can be posted starting at 12:01 AM May 15, 2010. The contest will run through 12:59 PM on August 15, 2010 and the winners announced on September 15, 2010.Prizes:
The Grand Prize winner will receive a $500 American Express gift card. Second prize is a $250 American Express gift card and third prize is a $100 American Express gift card. The winners will be announced on MirrorMate’s Home page, blog, Facebook page, Twitter page and through press release(s), etc. Procedure:
The Grand Prize, second place and third place winners will be chosen from among the top 10 fan ranked entries as of August 15, 2010 by a committee of design professionals (selected at MirrorMate's discretion and by MirrorMate’s staff. Selection will be based on the entrant's design aesthetic, transformation from "before" to "after" and the photography that captures the makeover.Tips for taking pictures of your makeover:
1. Model your image after ones the professionals take. Flip through home-design publications for great examples, taking note of the photos compositions, angles, and styling.
2. Shoot at an angle; you don’t want to photograph yourself in the mirror taking a picture!
3. When you take your before and after pictures, take them from the same place at the same angle. You want to show that this is the same bathroom, improved by a MirrorMate® frame and your design ideas!
4. Remove clutter (your toothbrush for example) from your bathroom and make sure surfaces are cleaned of fingerprints, smudges, dirt, and other blemishes that might show up in a photograph.
5. Style the room for your “after” shot. While you want the scene to be clean and simple, it will help the entire look of the room to add a touch of décor. Think pictures, candles, flowers, and other accessories. Just try not to do too much at once to avoid tackiness.
6. Let in natural light as well as artificial light. Open windows and blinds and turn on lights.
7. If you have a tripod, use it. It will ensure a sharp, non-blurry shot. If not, try to take as stable a shot as possible.
8. Do not use your flash if possible. It will cause unsightly reflections and unnatural color. Upload Instructions & Guidelines:
- To upload your makeover, click the "Post A Makeover" button.
- Enter a descriptive, catchy title in the "Subject" line.
- Type a few details about your makeover in the "Message Body" area
- Scroll down to find the area for uploading attachments.
- You may upload up to 5 photos of your makeover.
- You may vote only once, however, you may change your vote.
- You can use the preview button to see what your message will look like before submitting.
- When you are satisfied with your entry, click "Submit".
- Once your makeover has posted, feel free to use the "Email a Friend" button to invite your friends to vote for your makeover! What will the winners be judged on?
- The wow factor of the makeover--In other words, the impact of the change from your “before” photo to “after” photo. A dramatic impression beats out a slight improvement. We want you to show us how the MirrorMate frame transformed your bathroom!
- Your use of accessories to create your decorative touch. Creating a beautiful, room design will win you points for sure. Accessories can be anything from paintings to decorative soaps or towels. Go crazy or keep it simple. Just make it look beautiful in your own way.
- While we are not judging these photos based on their artistic merit, a good composition that allows the viewer to clearly see the MirrorMate® frame in the surrounding room (doesn’t have to be the entire room, but enough to give a good impression) is essential.
- We are not judging you on your photographic skill. As long as the image clearly shows a majority of the MirrorMate frame (not just a corner, please) it will stand as much of a chance as one taken by a skilled photographer.
Not sure where to rate the makeovers? See below.