Login |  Register

Forum rules

[ 2 posts ] 

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi Kate,

Our new home (new to us) has a very large mirrored wall in the living room. After much debate we have decided to keep it, but would like to update it so it doesn't look so 1980's. I love the idea of framing it, but design wise .. not sure how it would look on a wall this big.

I originally posted on the help forum and it was suggested that due to size, I should frame in 3s or 4s. Framing in sections was actually what I had in mind, so as to give the impression of several large mirrors. However, since I've actually never seen what I am envisioning, I have been hesitant to take the leap.

I have attached a pic of the mirrored wall, it measures approx 21' w x 7.5' h. The decor throughout the home is Mediterranean, though no furniture has been purchased for this room yet. The frame I had in mind is the Grandezza.

Do you think this could this work? Any advice or suggestions you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments:
Mirrored Wall.JPG
Mirrored Wall.JPG [ 28.3 KiB | Viewed 967 times ]

Top Top

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:08 am

Hello,

Thanks for your question and congrats on your new home! I agree with the others that you should frame it in sections. I think 4 would look best since the mirrors are already separated into 4 sections.

The style you choose really depends on the look you want to create for the space. The Grandezza is more of a traditional frame so if you prefer traditional furnishings this will look great. My recomendation is that you coordinate any lighting or other metal accents in the room with the frame color. For example if you added any overhead lighting in silver or nickel make sure to select a silver frame.

Another thought I had was to make it look like it is part of the the architecture of the space and not a decoration. For example if you used the Pacifica or Chelsea in white you could then add crown molding or even wainscotting to this room and the mirror would mimic these traditional elements.

I recommend you consider this option as well and order a few samples. Please keep us posted and send us a photo!

KH

Top Top
 [ 2 posts ]